-   -   How to hide row range from code? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281425-how-hide-row-range-code.html)

Majstor

How to hide row range from code?

Hello,

I use VB in Excel.
I want to hide part of Worksheet from row X to row Y.
X and Y should be integers marking rows where specific cell values (string
constants) were found.

In Excel VBA Help for me this is not clear enough. For example, how to
manipulate rows and their properties, it is only "range" and "cells".

Can someone give me an example?

Regards,
Vladimir

Jim Rech

How to hide row range from code?

Maybe this will help a little:

Dim StartRow As Long
Dim EndRow As Long
StartRow = 10
EndRow = 12
Rows(StartRow & ":" & EndRow).Hidden = True

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Chip Pearson

How to hide row range from code?

Vladimir,

Try something like the following:

Dim StartRow As Long
Dim EndRow As Long
StartRow = 10
EndRow = 19
ActiveSheet.Rows(StartRow).Resize(EndRow - StartRow + 1).EntireRow.Hidden =
True

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Majstor" wrote in message
Hello,

I use VB in Excel.
I want to hide part of Worksheet from row X to row Y.
X and Y should be integers marking rows where specific cell values (string
constants) were found.

In Excel VBA Help for me this is not clear enough. For example, how to
manipulate rows and their properties, it is only "range" and "cells".

Can someone give me an example?

Regards,
Vladimir

[email protected]

How to hide row range from code?

Vladimir. Here's a start.

Sub HideRows()
Dim X As Integer, Y As Integer

X = Cells(1, 1).Value
Y = Cells(2, 1).Value
If X < 1 Or Y < 1 Then Exit Sub

Rows("" & X & ":" & Y & "").Hidden = True

End Sub

Tested using Excel 97SR2 on Windows 98SE,

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

Hello,

I use VB in Excel.
I want to hide part of Worksheet from row X to row Y.
X and Y should be integers marking rows where specific cell values (string
constants) were found.

In Excel VBA Help for me this is not clear enough. For example, how to
manipulate rows and their properties, it is only "range" and "cells".

Can someone give me an example?

Regards,
Vladimir

Majstor

How to hide row range from code?

X and Y are in fact ordinal numbers of rows where specific string values S1
and S2 occur !
Let`s say that I find those rows with ".Find". How to return ordinal number
of row?

Vladimir

------------------------------------

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Vladimir,

Try something like the following:

Dim StartRow As Long
Dim EndRow As Long
StartRow = 10
EndRow = 19
ActiveSheet.Rows(StartRow).Resize(EndRow - StartRow + 1).EntireRow.Hidden

=
True

--

"Majstor" wrote in message
Hello,

I use VB in Excel.
I want to hide part of Worksheet from row X to row Y.
X and Y should be integers marking rows where specific cell values

(string
constants) were found.

In Excel VBA Help for me this is not clear enough. For example, how to
manipulate rows and their properties, it is only "range" and "cells".

Can someone give me an example?

Regards,
Vladimir

No Name

How to hide row range from code?

Jim this seems to solve half of my problem! If I am using
the toggle button, what would the code be to allow the
first click to unhide the rows and then the second click
to hide the rows. The code below hides.

Janice
Rows(StartRow & ":" & EndRow).Hidden = True

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

.

Chip Pearson

How to hide row range from code?

Vladimir,

You can do something like the following:

Dim X As Long
Dim Y As Long
Dim FoundCell As Range
Set FoundCell = Cells.Find(...)
X = FoundCell.Row
Set FoundCell = Cells.Find(...)
Y = FoundCell.Row

--

"Majstor" wrote in message
Hello,

I use VB in Excel.
I want to hide part of Worksheet from row X to row Y.
X and Y should be integers marking rows where specific cell values

(string
constants) were found.

In Excel VBA Help for me this is not clear enough. For example, how to
manipulate rows and their properties, it is only "range" and "cells".

Can someone give me an example?

Regards,
Vladimir

Tom Ogilvy

How to hide row range from code?

Dim StartRow As Long
Dim EndRow As Long
StartRow = 10
EndRow = 12
Rows(StartRow & ":" & EndRow).Hidden = _
Not Rows(StartRow).Hidden

Tom Ogilvy