-   -   Protecting Sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281390-protecting-sheet.html)

Stuart[_10_]

Protecting Sheet

If I protect a sheet with the following line.

ActiveSheet.Protect password = "qwerty"

Why can't I unProtect the sheet manually from
"ToolsProtectionUnprotectSheet" then typing in the the same password?

Same ViceVersa

If i protect the sheet manually with the password "qwerty" why does the
following line cause an error

ActiveSheet.Unprotect password = "qwerty"

Paul B[_6_]

Protecting Sheet

Stuart, try this, note the : after password

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"Stuart" wrote in message
If I protect a sheet with the following line.

ActiveSheet.Protect password = "qwerty"

Why can't I unProtect the sheet manually from
"ToolsProtectionUnprotectSheet" then typing in the the same password?

Same ViceVersa

If i protect the sheet manually with the password "qwerty" why does the
following line cause an error

ActiveSheet.Unprotect password = "qwerty"

Gord Dibben

Protecting Sheet

Stuart

I have no problem protecting via macro and unprotecting via Tools menu.

Are you positive the password you enter in either case is the same?

Do not use the quote marks when typing in the password manually.

Gord Dibben XL2002

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 00:34:19 -0000, "Stuart" wrote:

If I protect a sheet with the following line.

ActiveSheet.Protect password = "qwerty"

Why can't I unProtect the sheet manually from
"ToolsProtectionUnprotectSheet" then typing in the the same password?

Same ViceVersa

If i protect the sheet manually with the password "qwerty" why does the
following line cause an error

ActiveSheet.Unprotect password = "qwerty"

Gord Dibben

Protecting Sheet

Paul

Good eyes. Missed that totally.