-   -   Copy & PasteSpecial (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281354-copy-pastespecial.html)

Arthur[_3_]

Copy & PasteSpecial

Range("A1").Copy
Range ("C1:C5").PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

This copies and pastes like I want, but it leaves
the range C1:C5 selected, and cell A1 has the blinking
dotted outline to show it is on the clipboard ready to be
pasted. Is there a way to copy and paste values without
these secondary effects?

Art

Ron de Bruin

Copy & PasteSpecial

Hi Arthur

Sub test1()
Range("A1").Copy
Range("C1:C5").PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
Range("C1").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

If you only want to copy the value you can use this also

Sub test2()
Range("C1:C5").Value = Range("A1").Value

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl