-   -   Pull Down Menu's (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281339-pull-down-menus.html)

[email protected]

Pull Down Menu's

I have mad made a bunch of pull down menus where you can
select as many things as you want by pressing the ctrl
key. Is there a way to pull whatever the user has
selected, lets say three options, and generate those
answers as a list in another cell? It's a type of survey
and I want to be able to generate a table that lists all
the options selected for each question. Thanks

Tom Ogilvy

Pull Down Menu's

sStr = ""

for i = 0 to listbox1.Listcount - 1
if listbox1.Selected(i) then
sStr = sStr & listbox1.List(i) & chr(10)
end if
Next

Not sure what you mean by a list in another cell.

Are you using listboxes from the control toolbox toolbar?

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote in message
I have mad made a bunch of pull down menus where you can
select as many things as you want by pressing the ctrl
key. Is there a way to pull whatever the user has
selected, lets say three options, and generate those
answers as a list in another cell? It's a type of survey
and I want to be able to generate a table that lists all
the options selected for each question. Thanks

Tom Ogilvy

Pull Down Menu's

Let's see, Pull Down Menus?

I guess I didn't read closely enough.

Are the menus like the Edit menu and Tools Menu. Are they comboboxes from
where?

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote in message
I have mad made a bunch of pull down menus where you can
select as many things as you want by pressing the ctrl
key. Is there a way to pull whatever the user has
selected, lets say three options, and generate those
answers as a list in another cell? It's a type of survey
and I want to be able to generate a table that lists all
the options selected for each question. Thanks

[email protected]

Pull Down Menu's

Yes I'm using listboxes. What I mean is that when the
user selects three options and I want those three options
to populate in one cell, if possible, say b17. if not in
three subsequent cells like b17-19.

"

wrote in message
I have mad made a bunch of pull down menus where you can
select as many things as you want by pressing the ctrl
key. Is there a way to pull whatever the user has
selected, lets say three options, and generate those
answers as a list in another cell? It's a type of

survey
and I want to be able to generate a table that lists all
the options selected for each question. Thanks

.

[email protected]

Pull Down Menu's

Its a pull down menu like you had thought earlier.
Listboxes. The format is like a survey where there is a
question and then a pull down box that has multiple
possible answers. The user can select multiple answers
out of the possible selections for each question. I want
the answers of these to be populated elsewhere on the
worksheet in subsequent cells.

wrote in message
I have mad made a bunch of pull down menus where you

can
select as many things as you want by pressing the ctrl
key. Is there a way to pull whatever the user has
selected, lets say three options, and generate those
answers as a list in another cell? It's a type of

survey
and I want to be able to generate a table that lists

all
the options selected for each question. Thanks

.

Tom Ogilvy

Pull Down Menu's

sStr = ""

for i = 0 to listbox1.Listcount - 1
if listbox1.Selected(i) then
sStr = sStr & listbox1.List(i) & chr(10)
end if
Next
Range("B17").Value = sStr

Your description sounds more like a combobox, however, since they drop down,
but in either case (combobox or listbox) you would just change the name to
match the combobox/listbox name; the code otherwise would be the same.

Tom Ogilvy