-   -   display statusbar, scrollbars and formulabar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281220-display-statusbar-scrollbars-formulabar.html)

marecq

display statusbar, scrollbars and formulabar

I have a workbook where I want to hide all menu bars and toolbars for
the user when it’s opened. On the other hand, when the workbook is
closed (with a ‘close’ button on the sheet) I’d like to turn everything
back on.
The code is doing fine on the workbook_open event. Everything is
hidden, as I want. However, on the closebutton_click event everything
works fine except for the following 3 lines:

Application.displaystatusbar = true
Application.displayscrollbars = true
Application.displayformulabar = true

For all 3 I get the similar message:

Run-time error 1004 method ‘displayscrollbars’ of object ‘_application’
failed

However, when I write those lines in a separate sub and run it
manually, they work fine. If I try to call this sub when closing the
workbook the error appears again.

Does anyone know what’s happening?

Bob Flanagan

display statusbar, scrollbars and formulabar

Sounds like you are running the commands without a workbook being open. Run
them, then close the workbook.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"marecq" wrote in message
[...]

marecq[_2_]

display statusbar, scrollbars and formulabar

Workbook is open, but yesterday evening I found a possible solution to
avoid the problem. I noticed that the code doesn’t work as long as one
of the buttons on the worksheet has the focus (?). So a simple solution
is to start the code with something like:
Cells(1,1).select

Now it’s working fine (though I still don’t know why it didn’t work the
other way)