-   -   Finding Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281178-finding-function.html)

Tony

Finding Function

Hi...him new over here.
I'm trying to build a function that finds a value and return the next cell value.

A B C
1 RED 50
4 GRAY 25
5

For example...if a run the function for "black" then it should return 230.
If i used it for blue then it should return 101.

Any help or ideas are welcome.Thanks in advance.

J.E. McGimpsey

Finding Function

One way:

Look at VLOOKUP in XL Help:

=VLOOKUP("RED", A:B, 2, FALSE) === 50

=VLOOKUP("BLACK", A:B, 2, FALSE) == 230

In article ,
(Tony) wrote:

Hi...him new over here.
I'm trying to build a function that finds a value and return the next cell
value.

A B C
1 RED 50
4 GRAY 25
5

For example...if a run the function for "black" then it should return 230.
If i used it for blue then it should return 101.

Any help or ideas are welcome.Thanks in advance.

Tom Ogilvy

Finding Function

The vlookup function already does this.

see Excel help. You can use it in VBA as well.

Tom Ogilvy

om...