-   -   Cell formats keep changing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281154-cell-formats-keep-changing.html)

Brian

Cell formats keep changing

Is there a way that I can prevent cells from changing
format when I enter information? On my spreadsheet I am
pulling information from different worksheets but when the
data populates, the format changes. If I am pulling a
general number, it changes to 00:00:00 format, and when I
am pulling time format, it switches from the two different
00:00:00 formats. I don't know what the difference is in
the two of these formats listed, but I know that I need
the second one. Hope this makes sense. tia

Tom Ogilvy

Cell formats keep changing

00:00:00 format
00:00:00 formats

so far it would be hard to tell the difference. hh:mm:ss AM/PM shows 12
hour time, hh:mm:ss shows "military" time (0 to 24 hrs), [hh]:mm:ss shows
"military" style time but is designed for time greater than 24 hours -
possibly total or elapsed time

Pulling information and populating - vague terminology that doesn't provide
much insight into what you are doing or how you are doing it.

regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Brian" wrote in message
Is there a way that I can prevent cells from changing
format when I enter information? On my spreadsheet I am
pulling information from different worksheets but when the
data populates, the format changes. If I am pulling a
general number, it changes to 00:00:00 format, and when I
am pulling time format, it switches from the two different
00:00:00 formats. I don't know what the difference is in
the two of these formats listed, but I know that I need
the second one. Hope this makes sense. tia

Brian

Cell formats keep changing

Tom,

I'm pulling information from other worksheets with index
and match. I guess it's more like a template that takes
raw data from four different worksheets to create a report
with just the data that I need. The problem is that when
the information comes into my report, the formatting is
different. I then format the whole column to what I need
but when I add the next days information, it comes over
different again and I have to go back and format again.
Is there possibly a macro that I can use that will change
to the format I need when I enter the data?

[...]

.

Tom Ogilvy

Cell formats keep changing

Sub SetFormat()
Selection.NumberFormat = "hh:mm:ss AM/PM"
End Sub

as an example.

Tom Ogilvy