-   -   Subotal feature without labels? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281106-subotal-feature-without-labels.html)

Dawn R.

Subotal feature without labels?

This sounds dumb, but is there any way to use the subtotal
feature without it inserting the label "Total" in the new
row? Basically, I'm formatting a report, I'd like to add
a row (or two) after each change in client number to make
reading it easier. The subtotal feature works just dandy
to do that, but it adds the labels I don't really want. I
could just go in and delete them by hand, but
thought "there must be a better way!"

The over all project is taking one big table of
information, then manipulating it with recorded macros to
show/hide various columns, sorting info in various ways to
produce a few different reports. All that part works like
a charm (yippee!).

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. I confess
to being one of those dangerous folks that records macros
with no programming skills whatsoever, so please bear that
in mind and be gentle! :) Thanks in advance!

Tom Ogilvy

Subotal feature without labels?

You can't turn it off, but you can select the column and do Edit=Replace
Replace What "total " (without the quotes, but to show adding a space on
the end
Replace With "" (leave blank)

Tom Ogilvy