-   -   Excel, VB DLL and Macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281072-excel-vbulletin-dll-macros.html)

NYBrianK[_2_]

Excel, VB DLL and Macros

I have a unique problem. I am writing a Intrant application that will
access a DB2 database. Once I have the data I will then create a
spreadsheet using a visual basic DLL and the Excel object. The Excel
file will then be downloaded to the client machine.

The problem is I neet to include Macros in the spreadsheet. So I
created a template with the macros in it and I load this template in
and then I populate it and save it under a different name. When I do
this I the intranet site hangs. Any idea on how I can include macros?

I know there are better ways to do what I am doing and also that
Microsoft does not recommend or support this. I have no choice. This is
what management wants.