-   -   flashing screen driving me bonkers! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281056-flashing-screen-driving-me-bonkers.html)

Deb Lang

flashing screen driving me bonkers!

Good morning all! (evening or night as the case may be)
I am new to VBA coding so pardon my ignorance please, but I could
really use some help.

I have created a loop that cycles through over 5000 rows of
information from one workbook, seeks out and sums amounts that meet
multiple criteria and places those sums into a new workbook. As my
code runs my screen flashes between the two workbooks and is very
annoying!

My question is... is there a way to have these calculations running in
the background? Setting visible properties? Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for your time,
Deb

Ken Wright

flashing screen driving me bonkers!

Sub your_routine()

Application.screenupdating = False

your_code

Application.screenupdating = True

Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP

Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"Deb Lang" wrote in message
om...
Good morning all! (evening or night as the case may be)
I am new to VBA coding so pardon my ignorance please, but I could
really use some help.

I have created a loop that cycles through over 5000 rows of
information from one workbook, seeks out and sums amounts that meet
multiple criteria and places those sums into a new workbook. As my
code runs my screen flashes between the two workbooks and is very
annoying!

My question is... is there a way to have these calculations running in
the background? Setting visible properties? Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for your time,
Deb

---