-   -   start a macro when file opens?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281021-start-macro-when-file-opens.html)

Ftca

start a macro when file opens??

Hi all
is there any way to start a few lines of code
whether in a macro or ????

I need this to run automatically when the file is opened

trying for little user interaction as possible
as in this case no hands - for handicapped person

most cells input will be voice activated
but I cant quite get the 2 macros to start re voice

TIA

Paul B[_7_]

start a macro when file opens??

See my reply in excel.misc
"Ftca" wrote in message
Hi all
is there any way to start a few lines of code
whether in a macro or ????

I need this to run automatically when the file is opened

trying for little user interaction as possible
as in this case no hands - for handicapped person

most cells input will be voice activated
but I cant quite get the 2 macros to start re voice

TIA

Chrissy[_5_]

start a macro when file opens??

Use the Workbook_Open macro on the Workbook in the VBA
editor.

Double click the ThisWorkbook object. In the code window, at
the top, on the left, select, from the drop down box, Workbook.
In the right drop down box on the top right it should default to
Open - if it does not then just select Open from this box.
Write your code in that sub.

Some versions of Excel are a little different but I have only one
version running right now and cannot remember what you do in
those but it is not too dissimilar - in some IIRC an macro called
AutoOpen will run when the workbook is opened.

Chrissy.

Ftca wrote