-   -   Countdown to Retirement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280994-countdown-retirement.html)

Bob Conar

Countdown to Retirement

I want a macro counting down to a future retirement or birthday date.
I would like it to show a running count by the year, month, day,
minutes, and seconds, with each section assigned a variable for
portability. I plan for it to display on the label: lblretire on a
userform. I would like to assign command buttons: cmdmodifyname, and
cmdmodifydate for example so that the spreadsheet can be distributed
among different user. I would like the cmdmodifyname to somehow promp
the user for their name. I would like the cmdmodifydate to prompt user
for the year, month, day, and time of their anticipated retirement,
birthday, etc. Again, thanks for your insights. Bob Conar

ZootRot

Countdown to Retirement

You misunderstand what newsgroups are for. They are neither homework help
groups nor free programmer groups.

"Bob Conar" wrote in message
om...
I want a macro counting down to a future retirement or birthday date.
I would like it to show a running count by the year, month, day,
minutes, and seconds, with each section assigned a variable for
portability. I plan for it to display on the label: lblretire on a
userform. I would like to assign command buttons: cmdmodifyname, and
cmdmodifydate for example so that the spreadsheet can be distributed
among different user. I would like the cmdmodifyname to somehow promp
the user for their name. I would like the cmdmodifydate to prompt user
for the year, month, day, and time of their anticipated retirement,
birthday, etc. Again, thanks for your insights. Bob Conar

Bob Conar

Countdown to Retirement

I appreciate your concern. This is not homework. The examples were
misleading. The countdown is actually a scheduler. The minutes and
seconds were merely examples. At work, I have been asked to display
when the project dates are coming due. The programming theory will be
likened to a retirement counter. When we run the macro, the userform
will open and the "lblproject" label will display running count of
year, month, and day. My associate hopes to be able to "remind" those
indivuals assigned the particular projects, i.e. the "cmdmodifyname"
button, to stay focused on project deadlines, set with the
"cmdmodifydate". I apoligise for the bad example. Can you help?
Thanks, Bob Conar

"ZootRot" wrote in message ...
You misunderstand what newsgroups are for. They are neither homework help
groups nor free programmer groups.

om...