-   -   how can I lock a file after some days of using it?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280980-how-can-i-lock-file-after-some-days-using.html)

Beatriz Alvarez

how can I lock a file after some days of using it??

Hi there!!
Could you please help me?? I need to know if an excel
file can be locked after some days of using it.
The functionality is similar to the trial versions that
you download from internet which after 30 (commonly) you
can't use them any more.
thanks!!

Combo[_2_]

how can I lock a file after some days of using it??

I'll show the way. How to do, if with you...

In AutoOpen procedure write a code to unlock the workbook in same condiction
(password for example)

- After opened the first time, write the current date.
- Write a code to check the limitation from the date (date + 30 days)
- If expired, show a message, lock and close the workbook
- If not expired, lets the user try it!

In AutoClose LOCK workbook again

Remember, never close the workbook without LOCK IT!

Regards!

Eduardo

"Beatriz Alvarez" escreveu na mensagem
Hi there!!
Could you please help me?? I need to know if an excel
file can be locked after some days of using it.
The functionality is similar to the trial versions that
you download from internet which after 30 (commonly) you
can't use them any more.
thanks!!

---