-   -   autofilter using macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280885-autofilter-using-macro.html)

kkanil

autofilter using macro

Hello friends... I would be very happy if anyone could help me in
this...

I want to write a macro to autofilter a particular column the input
given will be some string the output i should get is all the entries
containing that string in that particular column.

I have used the below line for autofilter, but the problem is the
crieteria it takes is "equal", i want to put the critieria as "content"
which means i should get all the entries CONTAINING the particular
entry.

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="customer"

any inputs??????

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Anil

John Green[_3_]

autofilter using macro

Anil,

Try

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="*customer*"

* is a wild card that matches any sequence of characters, including none.

--

John Green - Excel MVP
Sydney