-   -   Open WinZip from Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280841-open-winzip-excel.html)

Jeff Armstrong

Open WinZip from Excel

I almost have my import from text files complete. Right
now the other manual piece of the puzzle is I have to
extract a tar file every day to the same folder. This tar
file contains the 111 text files that I import from Excel
with. Is there a way to control WinZip from within Excel
to go out and extract the tar file to a specified folder?

Ron de Bruin

Open WinZip from Excel

Check out the Winzip website for this Add-on
http://www.winzip.com/wzcline.htm

Afer you install this you can use something like this

Try this for unzip test.zip from C:\ to C:\

Sub test()
Shell "c:\program files\winzip\wzunzip c:\test.zip c:\"

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl