-   -   Counting files using Loop (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280821-counting-files-using-loop.html)

Ron[_13_]

Counting files using Loop

I am trying to count files and using a loop and some
variables to identify the server/directories/subdir.. etc

As it loops it keeps coming back with the quantity found
in the first loop gyration for all other loop gyrations.

The loop does seem to work because it stops in the right
spot, based on the DoUntil command, and places a file
count number (albeit of the first Loop) in the appropriate
cells, also part of the loop cammands.

Any suggestions?

Here's my cosde. This calls a FileSearch function called
CountAllFiles.

Sub TestCountFiles()

Dim i As Integer

i = 1

Do Until IsEmpty(Cells(i, 1))

'Change this to the directory you want to check.

Dim strMyDirectory As String

strMyDirectory = "C: /my documents/" & (Cells(i,
1))

' This holds the total number of files found.
Dim lFileTotal As Long

' Call the function. Pass the directory to check.

lFileTotal = CountAllFiles(strMyDirectory)

' Display the total files found in on spreadsheet
' in row i, Col H.
Cells(i, 8).Value = lFileTotal

i = i + 1

Loop