-   -   How to force a recalculation of values based on custom function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280770-how-force-recalculation-values-based-custom-function.html)

Wim Bartsoen

How to force a recalculation of values based on custom function

Hi,

I've written a custom function
(Calculate_Budget_By_Quarter) that conditionally sums
values from one worksheet by iterating through all rows on
that worksheet. The function is then called in multiple
cells in another worksheet (=Calculate_Budget_By_Quarter
(Arg1, Arg2)).

In spite of putting .Calculate for these cells in the
Activate event of the sheet where the custom function is
used, nothing happens when I add/change/remove rows on the
first worksheet.

Any ideas how I might fix this?

Cheers,

PS: Thanks Tom and Chrissy for your help with getting the
function to work in the first place :-)

Tom Ogilvy

How to force a recalculation of values based on custom function

If you are using xl2000 or later, use CalculateFull

Tom Ogilvy