-   -   message when saving workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280712-message-when-saving-workbook.html)

DaveWallace

message when saving workbook

When I save my workbook - which has a pivot table - I get
the message "All pending GetData or RefreshDate commands
have been completed".
I need to update and save this workbook via VBA, so I
can't have that message popping up, preventing the
workbook from being saved.
How do I let Excel know that the workbook is in fact ready
to save and close?
Thanks for your help!!!

-Dave

Bob Phillips[_5_]

message when saving workbook

Dave,

Don't use pivot tables myself, but try adding

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

before your code, and reset at the end.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"DaveWallace" wrote in message
When I save my workbook - which has a pivot table - I get
the message "All pending GetData or RefreshDate commands
have been completed".
I need to update and save this workbook via VBA, so I
can't have that message popping up, preventing the
workbook from being saved.
How do I let Excel know that the workbook is in fact ready
to save and close?
Thanks for your help!!!

-Dave

Dave Wallace

message when saving workbook

HTH,
Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried it , but the message still comes up.
Any further ideas?
Thanks!

.