-   -   SQL Statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280708-sql-statement.html)

TIML

SQL Statement

I have the following SQL statement to pull in data from a database.
INVMASTER.StockCode and INVMASTER.ShelfLife are both strings. How do I
change each field from a string to a number in the SQL code, so that it
comes into the spreadsheet as a number instead of a string?

SELECT INVMASTER.StockCode, INVMASTER.ShelfLife
FROM dbo.INVMASTER INVMASTER

Jake Marx[_3_]

SQL Statement

Hi TIML,

If you're using SQL Server, you can use the CAST statement:

SELECT CAST(INVMASTER.StockCode AS Decimal(19,8)),
CAST(INVMASTER.ShelfLife AS Decimal(19,8)) .....

You can use Float, Integer, etc, if you wish. Also look at CONVERT, as it
has similar functionality. If you have SQL Server Books Online, that'd be a
good place to look. If not, they can be found in MSDN somewhere.

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com

TIML wrote:
I have the following SQL statement to pull in data from a database.
INVMASTER.StockCode and INVMASTER.ShelfLife are both strings. How do
I change each field from a string to a number in the SQL code, so
that it comes into the spreadsheet as a number instead of a string?

SELECT INVMASTER.StockCode, INVMASTER.ShelfLife
FROM dbo.INVMASTER INVMASTER

Haldun Alay[_3_]

SQL Statement

Hi,

You can use VAL(fieldname) function.

--
Regards

Haldun Alay

To e-mail me, please remove AT and DOT from my e-mail address.

"TIML" , iletide şunu yazdı