-   -   Missing Security option in Macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280592-missing-security-option-macros.html)

Geckotek

Missing Security option in Macros

I just installed all the service packs and security
updates to Office 2000. Now it will not run Macros on
existing spreadsheets. The Security appears to be set to
high.

The problem is when I go to Tools - Macros - the
Security option is nowhere to be found. PLEASE HELP!

TIA

Tom Ogilvy

Missing Security option in Macros

Try going into tools=Customize, select the worksheet menu bar and click
Reset.

An alternate solution would be to find your *.xlb file and delete it to
remove all menu customizations.

Tom Ogilvy

Geckotek wrote in message
I just installed all the service packs and security
updates to Office 2000. Now it will not run Macros on
existing spreadsheets. The Security appears to be set to
high.

The problem is when I go to Tools - Macros - the
Security option is nowhere to be found. PLEASE HELP!

TIA

Haldun Alay[_3_]

Missing Security option in Macros

Hi,

Did you check Tools category in Tools|Customize. When you click on Tools
category, you will see some available commands on right pane. just search
for Security...

--
Regards

Haldun Alay

To e-mail me, please remove AT and DOT from my e-mail address.

"Geckotek" , iletide sunu yazdi
That did not resolve the problem. Any other ideas?

I've seen another guy w/ the same issue. Seems SP3 is
manually setting Security to High and removing the
ability to change it for some reason.

.