-   -   Error 1004 - unable to set the orientation of the page setup class (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280528-error-1004-unable-set-orientation-page-setup-class.html)

E Sullivan

Error 1004 - unable to set the orientation of the page setup class

Hi,

I have a VB6 programming accessing excel. I had previously had no trouble
setting the orientation of the sheet but now that I have a windows xp, I am
getting the above error. I have Office 97 installed on my machine.

thanks

Tom Ogilvy

Error 1004 - unable to set the orientation of the page setup class

Do you have a valid reference to the Excel application in Tools=References.
It is possible that you don't. If you are are talking about printing out
orientation portrait or landscape, the constants are

? xlLandscape
2
? xlPortrait
1

But I the weren't defined (no reference to the excel object library), they
would be seen as a value of Zero which would probably raise the error you
describe.

Tom Ogilvy

"E Sullivan" wrote in message

I have a VB6 programming accessing excel. I had previously had no trouble
setting the orientation of the sheet but now that I have a windows xp, I

am
getting the above error. I have Office 97 installed on my machine.

thanks

E Sullivan

Error 1004 - unable to set the orientation of the page setup class

I have the reference to the excel 8 object library so I guess that's not it.

"E Sullivan" wrote in message

I have a VB6 programming accessing excel. I had previously had no

trouble
setting the orientation of the sheet but now that I have a windows xp, I

am
getting the above error. I have Office 97 installed on my machine.

thanks

Bob Flanagan

Error 1004 - unable to set the orientation of the page setup class

E, is the default printer set to a printer that allows the orientation to be
changed? I've run into the problem before when the default printer is the
not the one I thought it was...

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"E Sullivan" wrote in message

I have a VB6 programming accessing excel. I had previously had no trouble
setting the orientation of the sheet but now that I have a windows xp, I

am
getting the above error. I have Office 97 installed on my machine.

thanks

E Sullivan

Error 1004 - unable to set the orientation of the page setup class

I think I figured it out. I'm not attached to a printer. In regular excel, I
can't open the page setup because of that so that is what I'm guessing. It's
not easy for me right now to attach to a printer and this code has been
working for years, so I'm just going to trap the error and move on.