-   -   Saving CSV files in Excel macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280494-saving-csv-files-excel-macros.html)

bslater[_3_]

Saving CSV files in Excel macros

I have a macro that pulls data from a SQL database,
formats it, and saves it into csv files. This macro has
worked perfectly for 7 months but recently the formatting
has stopped saving to the csv files. The date formats
specifically are not saving. If I leave the csv file open
and manually save it, the date formats save as normal.
Why would a manual save correctly save date formats but
the save function does not?

Thanks!

Tom Ogilvy

Saving CSV files in Excel macros

some things, if touched by VBA, seem to adopt either a US centric format or
(less often) a regional version format.

Have you changed versions of Excel recently? I believe the effect differs
by version, with later versions being gradually more international aware.

Tom Ogilvy

"bslater" wrote in message
I have a macro that pulls data from a SQL database,
formats it, and saves it into csv files. This macro has
worked perfectly for 7 months but recently the formatting
has stopped saving to the csv files. The date formats
specifically are not saving. If I leave the csv file open
and manually save it, the date formats save as normal.
Why would a manual save correctly save date formats but
the save function does not?

Thanks!

bslater[_4_]

Saving CSV files in Excel macros

Thanks for replying Tom. As for my excel version, it is very possible
that the version has changed, but I wouldn't know. My company has a
knack for changing things without letting anyone know. My current
excel version is 9.0.4402 SR-1 (excel 2000). If this is indeed what
is occuring, how would I go about bypassing VBA's adoption of the
different formats?

Thanks!

Brian