-   -   Default month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/280267-default-month.html)

Paul

Default month

Using XL 2000, i'm populating a combobox using:

With Month
.AddItem "January" '0
.AddItem "February" '1
.AddItem "March" '2
.AddItem "April" '3
.AddItem "May" '4
.AddItem "June" '5
.AddItem "July" '6
.AddItem "August" '7
.AddItem "September" '8
.AddItem "October" '9
.AddItem "November" '10
.AddItem "December" '11
End With

I would like the current month to default in the combobx.
any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Jake Marx[_3_]

Hi Paul,

Something like this should work for you:

.Value = Format$(Date, "Mmmm")

One comment - I would pick a different name for your ComboBox, as Month is a
reserved keyword. I don't think it will cause any problems, but better safe
than sorry. I typically use "cbo" in front of a ComboBox name so I know at
first glance what type of object it is. So you could use "cboMonth" or
similar.

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com

Paul wrote:
Using XL 2000, i'm populating a combobox using:

With Month
.AddItem "January" '0
.AddItem "February" '1
.AddItem "March" '2
.AddItem "April" '3
.AddItem "May" '4
.AddItem "June" '5
.AddItem "July" '6
.AddItem "August" '7
.AddItem "September" '8
.AddItem "October" '9
.AddItem "November" '10
.AddItem "December" '11
End With

I would like the current month to default in the combobx.
any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Paul

Good thinking Jake,
solution works fine.

Thanks, Paul

Something like this should work for you:

.Value = Format$(Date, "Mmmm")

One comment - I would pick a different name for your

ComboBox, as Month is a
reserved keyword. I don't think it will cause any

problems, but better safe
than sorry. I typically use "cbo" in front of a ComboBox

name so I know at
first glance what type of object it is. So you could

use "cboMonth" or
similar.

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com

[please keep replies in the newsgroup - email address

unmonitored]

Paul wrote:
Using XL 2000, i'm populating a combobox using:

With Month
.AddItem "January" '0
.AddItem "February" '1
.AddItem "March" '2
.AddItem "April" '3
.AddItem "May" '4
.AddItem "June" '5
.AddItem "July" '6
.AddItem "August" '7
.AddItem "September" '8
.AddItem "October" '9
.AddItem "November" '10
.AddItem "December" '11
End With

I would like the current month to default in the

combobx.
any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

.

Tom Ogilvy

With Month
.AddItem "January" '0
.AddItem "February" '1
.AddItem "March" '2
.AddItem "April" '3
.AddItem "May" '4
.AddItem "June" '5
.AddItem "July" '6
.AddItem "August" '7
.AddItem "September" '8
.AddItem "October" '9
.AddItem "November" '10
.AddItem "December" '11
.ListIndex = Month(Date)-1
End With

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul" wrote in message
Using XL 2000, i'm populating a combobox using:

With Month
.AddItem "January" '0
.AddItem "February" '1
.AddItem "March" '2
.AddItem "April" '3
.AddItem "May" '4
.AddItem "June" '5
.AddItem "July" '6
.AddItem "August" '7
.AddItem "September" '8
.AddItem "October" '9
.AddItem "November" '10
.AddItem "December" '11
End With

I would like the current month to default in the combobx.
any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Tom Ogilvy

For information:

? Format$(Date, "Mmmm")
October
? format$(date,"mMmM")
October

Tom Ogilvy

Paul wrote:
Using XL 2000, i'm populating a combobox using:

With Month
.AddItem "January" '0
.AddItem "February" '1
.AddItem "March" '2
.AddItem "April" '3
.AddItem "May" '4
.AddItem "June" '5
.AddItem "July" '6
.AddItem "August" '7
.AddItem "September" '8
.AddItem "October" '9
.AddItem "November" '10
.AddItem "December" '11
End With

I would like the current month to default in the combobx.
any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Jake Marx[_3_]

Thanks, Tom. Actually, I like your ListIndex method better.

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
For information: