-   -   How do I? Get Excel to do something when I close a workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/279376-how-do-i-get-excel-do-something-when-i-close-workbook.html)

emu_tails

How do I? Get Excel to do something when I close a workbook

I'm trying to write two seperate macros to make changes to a workbook
when I open it and close it.

When I open the workbook I want to go to fullscreen - which I've
managed to do. However!

When I close the workbook I want to cancel the fullscreen option.

I've tried several things including the WorkBookBeforeClose sub. I can
get Excel to make the changes when I write and run a macro to close the
workbook. But when I use the Close function in the File menu, Excel
stays in fullscreen mode!! Quite frustrating!

Can anyone help??

Many thanks.

Andrew.

Ron de Bruin

How do I? Get Excel to do something when I close a workbook

Place this events in the Thisworkbook mudule

Application.DisplayFullScreen = False
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.DisplayFullScreen = True

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl

"emu_tails" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to write two seperate macros to make changes to a workbook
when I open it and close it.

When I open the workbook I want to go to fullscreen - which I've
managed to do. However!

When I close the workbook I want to cancel the fullscreen option.

I've tried several things including the WorkBookBeforeClose sub. I can
get Excel to make the changes when I write and run a macro to close the
workbook. But when I use the Close function in the File menu, Excel
stays in fullscreen mode!! Quite frustrating!

Can anyone help??

Many thanks.

Andrew.

emu_tails[_2_]

How do I? Get Excel to do something when I close a workbook

Thanks for the help!!

I've put the VB into the right module. However, if I say try writing a
macro to close the workbook (ThisWorkbook.Close) then the fullscreen
won't change?

Any ideas?