-   -   How? to go to cell when opening file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/279286-how-go-cell-when-opening-file.html)

dpj

How? to go to cell when opening file

I have a column containing dates of the year. How can the file be opened
to go to the cell containing todays date?

Bob Phillips[_5_]

How? to go to cell when opening file

Here's some code that goes into the ThisWorkbook code module

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim oFoundCell As Range

With ActiveSheet.Range("A1:A100")
Set oFoundCell = .Find(what:=Date, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas)
If Not oFoundCell Is Nothing Then
oFoundCell.Activate
End If
End With

End Sub

Change the range to suit.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"dpj" wrote in message
I have a column containing dates of the year. How can the file be opened
to go to the cell containing todays date?

dpj[_2_]

How? to go to cell when opening file

Thank you for that Bob.
I had a bit of trouble to start with but after changing line:-
Set oFoundCell = .Find(what:=Date, LookIn:=xlFormulas)
Set oFoundCell = .Find(Date, LookIn:=xlFormulas) I found it worked.

Can the code be modified to select the correct sheet if there are more
than one, eg. 2003,2004,2005 etc.?

Bob Phillips[_5_]

How? to go to cell when opening file

This should do it