-   -   Selecting a range of cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/279238-selecting-range-cells.html)

Kevin

Selecting a range of cells

I have recorded a macro to select a range of cells, merge
them, and wrap the text. The problem I have is the macro
returns to the row on which the macro was recorded. How do
I have the macro select say columns B through F relative
to the row I am on, then perform the rest of the macro.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Don Guillett[_4_]

Selecting a range of cells

You should always post your code so we know you are trying.

"Kevin" wrote in message
I have recorded a macro to select a range of cells, merge
them, and wrap the text. The problem I have is the macro
returns to the row on which the macro was recorded. How do
I have the macro select say columns B through F relative
to the row I am on, then perform the rest of the macro.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Kevin

Selecting a range of cells

Range("B42:J42").Select
With Selection
.HorizontalAlignment = xlGeneral
.VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
.WrapText = True
.Orientation = 0
.AddIndent = False
.IndentLevel = 0
.ShrinkToFit = False
.ReadingOrder = xlContext
.MergeCells = True
End With

I understand everything except how to select a range of
columns relative to the row the cursor is on.

Kevin

"Kevin" wrote in message
I have recorded a macro to select a range of cells,

merge
them, and wrap the text. The problem I have is the macro
returns to the row on which the macro was recorded. How

do
I have the macro select say columns B through F relative
to the row I am on, then perform the rest of the macro.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

.

Bernie Deitrick[_2_]

Selecting a range of cells

Kevin,

Dim myRow As Long
myRow = ActiveCell.Row
Range(Range("B" & myRow), Range("F" & myRow)).Select

HTH,
Bernie

"Kevin" wrote in message
I have recorded a macro to select a range of cells, merge
them, and wrap the text. The problem I have is the macro
returns to the row on which the macro was recorded. How do
I have the macro select say columns B through F relative
to the row I am on, then perform the rest of the macro.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Kevin

Selecting a range of cells

Bernie,

Works great!

Thanks!

Kevin

"Kevin" wrote in message
I have recorded a macro to select a range of cells,

merge
them, and wrap the text. The problem I have is the macro
returns to the row on which the macro was recorded. How

do
I have the macro select say columns B through F relative
to the row I am on, then perform the rest of the macro.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

.

Don Guillett[_4_]

Selecting a range of cells

No selection required.

with range(cells(activecell.row,"b"),cells(activecell.r ow,"f"))