-   -   VLOOKUP Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/279223-vlookup-question.html)

Haldun Alay[_2_]

VLOOKUP Question

Hi,

I'm using VLOOKUP function to get some values from a range. The problem is
if source range has more than one record for the condition, VLOOKUP always
gets first occurance. Is there anyway to get second or third occurance of
lookup value.

Thanks in advance

Haldun

Alan Beban[_4_]

VLOOKUP Question

If the functions in the freely downloadable file at
http://home.pacbell.net/beban are available to your workbook

=INDEX(VLookups(lookup_value,lookup_table,return_v alue_column),n,1)

will return the return value corresponding to the nth occurrence of the
lookup value.

Alan Beban

Haldun Alay wrote:
Hi,

I'm using VLOOKUP function to get some values from a range. The problem is
if source range has more than one record for the condition, VLOOKUP always
gets first occurance. Is there anyway to get second or third occurance of
lookup value.

Thanks in advance

Haldun

[email protected]

VLOOKUP Question

Chip Pearson has a section on this Webpage on 'Arbitrary Lookups'
that details how to do this with formulas.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.