-   -   keydown event (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/279207-keydown-event.html)

jim c.

keydown event

I'm trying to create a custom calculator on a userform.
Im using the keydown event in a textbox to capture
operators from the num pad on the keyboard.

everything works fine except the text value of the
operator is added to the textbox. Of course I dont want
this to happen. I have tried Onkey method to associate a
kestroke to a procedure with no sucess

application.onkey "+", "Macro"

Does anyone know how to accomplish this or do I need to be
more specific on what Im trying to do.

TIA

jim c.

keydown event

I got lucky in a search and found what I was looking for
in a post reply from Ron de Bruin...

in the keypress event I added: KeyAscii = 0
after the sub I wanted executed. It seems to work now.
Thank You...

.