-   -   how to start a flash SWF file from within Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/279178-re-how-start-flash-swf-file-within-excel.html)

Chuck Waterfield

how to start a flash SWF file from within Excel

Haven't heard from anyone else, but I have a solution that works pretty well
it seems.

I found a stand alone player SAFlashPlayer.exe at macromedia.com. I use the
SHELL command to start the player, passing the name of the file along as a
parameter. Starts up with no need for user intervention.

Suits my purposes but may not be the best method.

Chuck Waterfield

"Chuck Waterfield" wrote in message
I'd like to launch macromedia flash SWF demos from within my Excel

workbook.

I've tried hyperlinks and I get the "some files can contain viruses"

warning
message. I don't want this...

I've tried the SHELL command from within VBA, but it won't automatically
launch a SWF file. I've been looking for something like a flash.exe

program
that I could call with SHELL and then have that launch my desired SWF

file,
but no luck so far.

Any ideas?

thanks,