-   -   countif (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/279114-countif.html)

chris[_8_]

countif

I am trying to use the countif statement to see how many
times Vault in column A and Inprocess come up together.
I cannot figure this out. The anwser should be 2 but I
cannot get anything but 4 which is how many times they
both come up seperately. I need it to count only how
many times both are true for a and b.
Thanks for any help.

a b
1 vault Inprocess
2 lockbox complete
3 incoding stared
4 vault Inprocess

Arvi Laanemets[_3_]

countif

Hi

=SUMPRODUCT((Vault=VaultValue)*(Inprocess=Inproces sValue))
where Vault and Inprocess are data ranges (of same dimension).

Arvi Laanemets