-   -   Run-time error 424 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/279014-run-time-error-424-a.html)

Dale[_8_]

Run-time error 424

I am very new to VB and I'm sure there must be an easier
way to do what I want. I am trying to take a value from a
text box on a form and move it to a cell in my worksheet.
The location of the cell is determined by a VLOOKUP
function. When I run the following code I get a run-time
error 424: Object Required. The error occurs on the last
ine. Any ideas on what may be missing? Thanks for any help.

Set CurrentDealer = Worksheets("All Dealers
Data").Range("A74:a74")
Set DealerData = Worksheets("All Dealers Data").Range
("A2:aa72")

Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(CurrentDeale r,
DealerData, 24, False) = txtAltGoal.Value

shockley

Run-time error 424

If the expression

Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(CurrentDeale r, _
DealerData, 24, False) = txtAltGoal.Value

returns a cell address like A1 then you need to change it to

Range(Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Curren tDealer, _
DealerData, 24, False)) = txtAltGoal.Value

HTH,
Shockley