-   -   Handling Errors from Worksheet Functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278977-handling-errors-worksheet-functions.html)

Nigel[_4_]

Handling Errors from Worksheet Functions

I have some code (snippet below) that seek to lookup a value (iuser) from a
Range (USERS), the function works fine until it encounters the #N/A return
value caused by iuser not being in the USERS array. How do I handle this
correctly?

What I am seeking to do is put the invalid iuser value into a worksheet
cell.

'<code snippet
ibarea = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(iuser, Range("USERS"), 2, 0)

shockley

Handling Errors from Worksheet Functions

Range("xx") is the cell of your choice:

Sub Tester
On Error Resume Next
ibarea = Application.WorksheetFunction. _
VLookup(iuser, Range("USERS"), 2, 0)
If Err < 0 Then Range("xx") = ibarea
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

HTH,
Shockley

"Nigel" wrote in message
I have some code (snippet below) that seek to lookup a value (iuser) from

Range (USERS), the function works fine until it encounters the #N/A return
value caused by iuser not being in the USERS array. How do I handle this
correctly?

What I am seeking to do is put the invalid iuser value into a worksheet
cell.

'<code snippet
ibarea = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(iuser, Range("USERS"), 2,

0)

News==----

Newsgroups

=---