-   -   adding strings (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278948-adding-strings.html)

julian brotherton

adding strings

sub add_strings()
A = "4="
B = CELLS(ROW,"B") 'THE CONTENT OF THE CELLS IS 2
C= A + STR$(B)

END SUB

The result is 4= 2

I don't want the space between the 4= & the 2
Is there a way of combining the two, but removing the
leading space ??

Bob Phillips[_5_]

adding strings

Julian,

Try

Sub add_strings()
A = "4="
B = Cells(1, "B") 'THE CONTENT OF THE CELLS IS 2
C = A + Trim(Str$(B))

HTH

Bob Phillips

"julian brotherton" wrote in message
sub add_strings()
A = "4="
B = CELLS(ROW,"B") 'THE CONTENT OF THE CELLS IS 2
C= A + STR$(B)

END SUB

The result is 4= 2

I don't want the space between the 4= & the 2
Is there a way of combining the two, but removing the
leading space ??

Serkan[_2_]

adding strings

Ctrl+H

Find = one space
Replace = none entry

Replace All

B = CELLS(ROW,"B") 'THE CONTENT OF THE CELLS IS 2
C= A + STR$(B)

END SUB

The result is 4= 2

I don't want the space between the 4= & the 2
Is there a way of combining the two, but removing the
leading space ??
.

julian brotherton

adding strings

Thanks. Worked fine.
Why doesn't the help file point to this simple function ??

Julian B

B = Cells(1, "B") 'THE CONTENT OF THE CELLS IS 2
C = A + Trim(Str$(B))

HTH

Bob Phillips

"julian brotherton" wrote

in message
sub add_strings()
A = "4="
B = CELLS(ROW,"B") 'THE CONTENT OF THE CELLS IS 2
C= A + STR$(B)

END SUB

The result is 4= 2

I don't want the space between the 4= & the 2
Is there a way of combining the two, but removing the
leading space ??

.

Tom Ogilvy

adding strings

Actually, you don't need str$. If the cell actually contains a number
(which is why you would use str$ and help does say that str$ puts a space in
for the sign), you wouldn't need trim.

Both Trim and Str/str$ are documented in Excel VBA help.

Sub add_strings()
A = "4="
B = Cells(1, "B") 'THE CONTENT OF THE CELLS IS 2
C = A & B
End Sub

Sub add_strings()
A = "4="
B = Cells(1, "B") 'THE CONTENT OF THE CELLS IS 2
C = A & cStr(B)

End Sub

would work equally as well with a number in the cell.

Tom Ogilvy

"JULIAN BROTHERTON" wrote in message
Thanks. Worked fine.
Why doesn't the help file point to this simple function ??

Julian B

B = Cells(1, "B") 'THE CONTENT OF THE CELLS IS 2
C = A + Trim(Str$(B))

HTH

Bob Phillips

"julian brotherton" wrote

in message
sub add_strings()
A = "4="
B = CELLS(ROW,"B") 'THE CONTENT OF THE CELLS IS 2
C= A + STR$(B)

END SUB

The result is 4= 2

I don't want the space between the 4= & the 2
Is there a way of combining the two, but removing the
leading space ??

.

Myrna Larson[_3_]

adding strings

Format$(B) will also eliminate the space.

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:28:10 +0100, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

Julian,

Try

Sub add_strings()
A = "4="
B = Cells(1, "B") 'THE CONTENT OF THE CELLS IS 2
C = A + Trim(Str$(B))

End Sub

Tom Ogilvy

adding strings