-   -   Compile Error when loading excel over intranet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278939-compile-error-when-loading-excel-over-intranet.html)

jmoffat[_3_]

Compile Error when loading excel over intranet

When I activate my spreadsheet via a hyperlink from our intranet,
everything works ok - until I try to load a spreadhseet which contains
a reference to Solver.

For some reason this generates a Compiler Error, when excel opens -
almost as if the version opened by MS Explorer (V5.5) is different to
the version I open when I activate the spreadsheet directly from my
hard drive.

If I ignore the compiler error and simply recompile then the reference
to solver.xla is included and I can continue - but I'd rather ther was
another slicker way to do this - any Ideas ?