-   -   Combo Box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278757-combo-box.html)

Susan[_2_]

Combo Box

I notice a friends excel document that contain a drop
down box for selection in every cell, I know how to to go
to the control toolbox and add a combo box, but it never
fits the cells.
What are the steps for me to create that in a row of cells

Thanks Susan

Debra Dalgleish

Combo Box

You can use DataValidation. There are some instructions he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Susan[_2_]

Combo Box

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for, one
more question, is it possible to copy the validation from
one cell to another without having to repeat the steps?
Thanks
Susan

Susan wrote:
I notice a friends excel document that contain a drop
down box for selection in every cell, I know how to to

go
to the control toolbox and add a combo box, but it

never
fits the cells.
What are the steps for me to create that in a row of

cells

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

.

losmac

Combo Box

I thing, there is no combobox from toolbox. I thing, it's a combobox which
You can create form Menu Data-Check..
I don't know it name, because I have Office in not english version.

Uzytkownik "Susan" napisal w wiadomosci
I notice a friends excel document that contain a drop
down box for selection in every cell, I know how to to go
to the control toolbox and add a combo box, but it never
fits the cells.
What are the steps for me to create that in a row of cells

Thanks Susan

Conrado Capistrano

Combo Box

Hello,

its Data|Validation| in settings allow: list ,Source: You can either
choose a list within your worksheet or write it directly to the box
separating each with comma.

Jon-jon

"losmac" wrote in message
I thing, there is no combobox from toolbox. I thing, it's a combobox which
You can create form Menu Data-Check..
I don't know it name, because I have Office in not english version.

Uzytkownik "Susan" napisal w wiadomosci
I notice a friends excel document that contain a drop
down box for selection in every cell, I know how to to go
to the control toolbox and add a combo box, but it never
fits the cells.
What are the steps for me to create that in a row of cells

Thanks Susan

Ian Ripsher[_2_]

Combo Box

Yes, use Copy then Paste Special | Validation.

"Susan" wrote in message
Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for, one
more question, is it possible to copy the validation from
one cell to another without having to repeat the steps?
Thanks
Susan

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Combo Box

Another way is to select your range to get the validation. Then set it all at
once.

If you use a formula, excel will adjust it just like it does when you copy a
formula down a column.