-   -   excel spreadsheet has little bits of embedded code in it ? help needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278741-excel-spreadsheet-has-little-bits-embedded-code-help-needed.html)

Danny Bowers

excel spreadsheet has little bits of embedded code in it ? help needed

Hello there

I have a personal contacts database which I want to import into
Outlook.

As an interim step I have exported it into excel. The data has
little bits of embedded code in it. I need to remove these.

I can do it manually line by line but this will take hours. Can
anyone help me with a bit of programming to clean up the database

See an example from the excel spreadsheet at

http://www.danny.dircon.co.uk/problemcode.htm

Any help gratefully welcomed.

Regards

Danny

[email protected]

excel spreadsheet has little bits of embedded code in it ? help needed

David McRitchie's TrimAll mscro can probably handle this for you.

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

I have a personal contacts database which I want to import into
Outlook.

As an interim step I have exported it into excel. The data has
little bits of embedded code in it. I need to remove these.

[email protected]

excel spreadsheet has little bits of embedded code in it ? help needed

Danny,

I tried to respond to your EMail but it bounced back as undeliverable.

Send me a copy of the Excel workbook (or a sample if
the workbook is huge).

Paul