-   -   How to save Excel files which have passwords (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278731-how-save-excel-files-have-passwords.html)

Android

How to save Excel files which have passwords

This is a repost. Hope someone has come across this...

I have a Workbook which is password protected. Everytime someone runs this
file, it reads other files and may update itself.

I have added VBA codes to it to detect if anything changed.

I would like to add code to it so that everytimes it changes (which can only
happen if someone launches it), it will save itself without asking user for
the password.

Did not find any relevant info in Help. Any pointers from anyone?

Android.

Harald Staff[_6_]

How to save Excel files which have passwords

Hi Android

See if this works for you. Alter path and password before running the test:

Sub SaveMe()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Temp\Book1.xls", _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, _
Password:="PW", _
WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _