-   -   Help please on a simple macro to insert rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278714-help-please-simple-macro-insert-rows.html)

Michelle Curtin

Help please on a simple macro to insert rows

Hi there

I am not an advanced user of excel and want to create a macro which
will insert a row in a spreadsheet but will also insert a formula into
a cell. I would like the user to be able to click on a button which
will say insert row.

Any help would be much appreciated. I cannot use visual basic so have
tried it out already just by using the wizard to record the macro, I
half suceeded and have been able to insert the row but not a formula
and have no idea how to create the box to be clicked on to run the
macro.

Cheers

J.E. McGimpsey

Help please on a simple macro to insert rows

take a look at David McRitchie's INSRTROW() macro:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

and his excellent Getting Started with Macros page: