-   -   show password like *** while entering it (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278694-show-password-like-%2A%2A%2A-while-entering.html)

Tom

show password like *** while entering it

Hi,

I'm using this macro :
Value = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Insert password")
If Value = "password" Then
Application.Run macro:="enter"
Else
Application.Run macro:="ignore"

While entering the password I would like the allready
inserted digits to be shown as ***

Is this possible ?

Thanks !
Tom

Chip Pearson

show password like *** while entering it

Tom,

You can't do this with a standard InputBox. If you really need this
capability, you need to create a user containing a TextBox control whose
PasswordChar property is set to *.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"tom" wrote in message

I'm using this macro :
Value = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Insert password")
If Value = "password" Then
Application.Run macro:="enter"
Else
Application.Run macro:="ignore"

While entering the password I would like the allready
inserted digits to be shown as ***

Is this possible ?

Thanks !
Tom

Bob Phillips[_5_]

show password like *** while entering it

Tom,

If you use a userform for the password, the textbox control has a
PasswordChar property, so it will throw this character up instead of what is
typed.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"tom" wrote in message

I'm using this macro :
Value = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Insert password")
If Value = "password" Then
Application.Run macro:="enter"
Else
Application.Run macro:="ignore"

While entering the password I would like the allready
inserted digits to be shown as ***

Is this possible ?

Thanks !
Tom

Tom Ogilvy

show password like *** while entering it

The inputbox doesn't support this. You can create a userform with a
textbox. The textbox has a passwordchar property that you can set to an *

Tom Ogilvy