-   -   Shortcuts keys sometimes don't work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278626-shortcuts-keys-sometimes-dont-work.html)

Tom Adams

Shortcuts keys sometimes don't work

My workbook gets in a state where the shortcut key for a VBA macro
will not work. This is not when I am editing a cell or stuck in the
debugger.

I can clear up the problem by going to the VB Editor and running the
procedure. After that, the shortcut key works, but it can happen
again later.

In the stuck state, if I go tools macro define, the the macro name
looks odd and the options button is greyed out. The name is of the
form
"foobar.xls!profile". Normally, the name is "Thisworkbook.profile" and
options button is not greyed out.

I am running Excel 97 SR1.