-   -   Print excel sheet in one page (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278562-print-excel-sheet-one-page.html)

ketan

Print excel sheet in one page

I have a long set of data in two column in a excel sheet. The print
runs in several pages. Print occupies only half page and leaves half
page blank. How can I print two pages on same page so that no of
papers reduces to half?

Regards,

Chrissy[_4_]

Print excel sheet in one page

You can set up another worksheet in the same workbook that
has formula in it to link to your original workbook. You then
print that workbook.

Chrissy.

ketan wrote
I have a long set of data in two column in a excel sheet. The print
runs in several pages. Print occupies only half page and leaves half
page blank. How can I print two pages on same page so that no of
papers reduces to half?

Regards,

GarethG[_5_]

Print excel sheet in one page

ketan

Just to point out that this is not a programming issue and is therefre
in the incorrect forum, but here is the solution.

Select the entire range of information. Go to filePrint AreaSet
print area
Then go to FilePage Setup

A dialog appears, select the 'Page' tab and select the best orientation
(long list select portrait)
The select "Fit to Page" This defaults to 1 page high by one page
long. This will cram everything onto one page.

NB This solution is based on Excel 2000

Gareth

Tom Ogilvy

Print excel sheet in one page

Another approach is to see if you printer supports "UP" options, such as 2
UP.

2 UP puts two pages on one page using the print driver. 4 UP puts 4 printed
pages on 1 page.

This would be the easiest.

If not, as was suggested, you would need to create another page using
formulas that would set up 4 columns from the two columns.

there have been many posts asking this question. Another alternative is to
use a macro. David McRitchie has documented some code to do this on his
site:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...ol.htm#joining

Tom Ogilvy

"ketan" wrote in message
om...
I have a long set of data in two column in a excel sheet. The print
runs in several pages. Print occupies only half page and leaves half
page blank. How can I print two pages on same page so that no of
papers reduces to half?

Regards,

ketan

Print excel sheet in one page

Thanks all of you. "UP" option worked. In fect the link suggested by
Tom Ogilvy is much more helpful. Thanks again.
Regards,
Ketan

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
Another approach is to see if you printer supports "UP" options, such as 2
UP.

2 UP puts two pages on one page using the print driver. 4 UP puts 4 printed
pages on 1 page.

This would be the easiest.

If not, as was suggested, you would need to create another page using
formulas that would set up 4 columns from the two columns.

there have been many posts asking this question. Another alternative is to
use a macro. David McRitchie has documented some code to do this on his
site:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...ol.htm#joining

Tom Ogilvy

om...