-   -   Problem finding duplicate values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278208-problem-finding-duplicate-values.html)

nicoll

Problem finding duplicate values

I am using an if statement to find duplicate values in a column , now there
is a problem I can't work out.

A21 and A22 both contain the value 322 (copied from another sheet) and the
script doesn't pick them up them as identical values.

However if I do =A21-A22 the answer is zero, edit/find 322 picks up both
cells, the formats are identical as far as I can see.

If I type 322 in A21 and re run the script they are picked up as identical,
but if I type 322 in A22 and re run the script they are not picked up as
identical.

I'm baffled, I'd welcome any suggestions.

Thanks

Bob Phillips[_5_]

Problem finding duplicate values

Nicoll,

Sounds like one is text and one is numeric. Try using VALUE(A21)-VALUE(A22)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips