-   -   Extracting Comments? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278205-extracting-comments.html)

MrAlMackay

Extracting Comments?

Is it possible to do the following:

I want to be able to extract the information contained within a cells comment.

e.g.

A1 = Testing... (Within the comments on A1, it contains the following Test 1,
Test 2, Test 3).

What I need to be able to do is extract all of the information contained in any
cell that has a comment and show the data as per example below:

B C
1 Testing Test 1
2 Test 2
3 Test 3

Therefore it will pick out the first cell with a comment and show by that cells
data, all of the comments that are applied against the one cell.

Appreciate any help anyone can offer - if you need an example spreadsheet,
please let me know.

Many Thanks, Al ( )

Debra Dalgleish[_2_]

Extracting Comments?

There's some sample code on the following page that will extract all the
comment text from the active sheet:

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomment...ml#CopyToSheet

--
Debra Dalgleish