-   -   Excel hyperlink file associations - GIF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278176-excel-hyperlink-file-associations-gif.html)

joelet

Excel hyperlink file associations - GIF

Hi,

I'm using VBA to launch hyperlinks containg GIF files,
but want the associated program to be something other
than MS Photo Editor. I've changed the windows
association to the other program which works fine
externally but seems to have no effect on the Office
associations.

Thanks

M. lane

Excel hyperlink file associations - GIF

Something you can try is; open MS WORD, click tools, options, click the edit
tab and see if you can change the picture edit program. If not, there may be
someone out there with a registry hack.