-   -   Excel Find Macro Help Needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/278164-excel-find-macro-help-needed.html)

Bruce Johnson

Excel Find Macro Help Needed

I currently do the following steps to find all the occurrences of an entry
in a multi sheet Excel spreadsheet.

I'm looking for suggestions on modifying the macro to include the operations
in step 3. All my attempts at

doing so have been unsuccessful. Any help woud be much appreciated.

Bruce Johnson

Step 1) Select a cell having the desired entry.

Step 2) < Ctrl-F to run the following macro. (Copies the entry, selects
all the

sheets and brings up the Find dialog box)

Macro

Sub MultiFind()

Selection.Copy

Worksheets.Select

Cells.Select

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show

Cells(1).Select

End Sub

Step 3) < Ctrl-V to paste the selected entry to the Find dialog box.

< Enter & < Enter to display the next occurance of
the selected entry.

Step 4) < Enter as required to display remaining entries.

Bruce Johnson

Excel Find Macro Help Needed

Forgot to mention that I'm using Excel XP.

"Bruce Johnson" wrote in message
I currently do the following steps to find all the occurrences of an entry
in a multi sheet Excel spreadsheet.

I'm looking for suggestions on modifying the macro to include the

operations in step 3. All my attempts at
doing so have been unsuccessful. Any help would be much appreciated.

Bruce Johnson

Step 1) Select a cell having the desired entry.

Step 2) < Ctrl-F to run the following macro. (Copies the entry,

selects all the sheets and brings up the Find dialog box)

Macro
Sub MultiFind()
Selection.Copy
Worksheets.Select
Cells.Select
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show
Cells(1).Select
End Sub

Step 3) < Ctrl-V to paste the selected entry to the Find dialog box.

< Enter & < Enter to display the next occurance of

the selected entry.

Step 4) < Enter as required to display remaining entries.

Ron de Bruin

Excel Find Macro Help Needed

Hi Bruce

In Excel 2002, there is a "Within:" option in the Find/Replace dialog with a choice of Workbook

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)