-   -   Decimal separator (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/277983-re-decimal-separator.html)

Tom Ogilvy

Decimal separator

Perhaps Chip Pearson's code:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm import/export text files

Allows you to specify the list separator. Not sure it, as written, supports
a different decimal separator.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote in message

Excel XP was the first version that has these properties.
You simply cannot use them with earlier versions and you
need to use a workaround to do what you want.

I suspect you want to import delimited data with a
particular decimal separator.

In Excel 2000 and below, you have to change the regional
settings to be able to do that OR use code that parses the
text file itself.

I've seen code somewhere that does that, but couldn;t find
it.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel TA/MVP