-   -   Saving and Sending Custom Buttons (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/277551-saving-sending-custom-buttons.html)

Jim Morris

Saving and Sending Custom Buttons

I have created some custom buttons and linked them to VBA
code. When I save the Excel sheet and send it to others
the VBA code is delivered but not the custom tool bar
buttons. How do I save and send these buttons along with
the Excel file?

Tom Ogilvy

Saving and Sending Custom Buttons

did you create the buttons on a custom toolbar and attach the toolbar to the
workbook?

That worked for me.

Tom Ogilvy

Jim Morris wrote in message
I have created some custom buttons and linked them to VBA
code. When I save the Excel sheet and send it to others
the VBA code is delivered but not the custom tool bar
buttons. How do I save and send these buttons along with
the Excel file?

Jim Morris

Saving and Sending Custom Buttons

No - how do I create a custom tool bar and attach it to the workbook?

steve

Saving and Sending Custom Buttons

Jim,

Check out these sites

Identifying FaceID Values for CommandBar Images

Identifying CommandBar Images

Create a Toolbar on the Fly

Creating Custom Menus

All from John Walkenbach's site.

Some other places to look under "menus" in

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlindexl.htm

and in Stephen Bullen's web page for MVPs

http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/MVPPage.asp

--
sb
"Jim Morris" wrote in message
No - how do I create a custom tool bar and attach it to the workbook?

Tom Ogilvy

Saving and Sending Custom Buttons

Tools=Customize

Toolbars Tab, click New

Leave the customize dialog open and select the second tab. Either drag
items from here to your toolbar, or drag your custom buttons from there
current location to your bar.

Now go back to the toolbars tab and click attach. This will allow you to
attach your new toolbar to the active workbook.

Tom Ogilvy