-   -   Forced Refresh on a Linked Sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/277478-forced-refresh-linked-sheet.html)

Heidi Harting-Rex

Forced Refresh on a Linked Sheet

We are an engineering firm that frequently links Excel
spreadsheets to AutoCad. When AutoCad opens a drawing
file that has an Excel link it automatically checks the
Excel file for any updates. The AutoCad drawing stays in
sync with the Excel file and it works great!

However, we need to do this in a more complex manner: We
need to create: a) a Master spreadsheet that contains all
information regarding a project and frequently has new
rows added, b) various linked spreadsheets that take the
data from the Master and sort/filter it based on various
criteria (e.g., column A= T or column A=DI), c) link the
linked/sorted/filtered spreadhseet to AutoCad.

So, the issue becomes this: how can we force the
worksheet linked to AutoCad to automatically refresh
itself each time it is opened? How can we guarantee that
the sort/filter contains all of the latest data?

Thank you for your time. This forum is invaluable to us
here.