-   -   Conserving Size (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/277463-conserving-size.html)

scrabtree23

Conserving Size

I have written a very nice program. However, I want to
reduse its size. Does anyone have any good suggestions?
I have exported and re-imported my modules and forms and
this saved some significant space. Other suggestions?

SDC

Trevor Shuttleworth

Conserving Size

Maybe if you posted some/all of your code we could critique it. It might
already be as efficient as it could possibly be.

Regards

Trevor

"scrabtree23" wrote in message
I have written a very nice program. However, I want to
reduse its size. Does anyone have any good suggestions?
I have exported and re-imported my modules and forms and
this saved some significant space. Other suggestions?

SDC

[email protected]

Conserving Size

Here is a listing by Chip Pearson on how to optimize code.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/optimize.htm

If the problem is related to file size, Debra Dalgleish
offers a suggestion or two on reducing file size.

If speed is an issue, Charles Williams has detailed a whole hostof
issues and probable fixes.

http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm#OpSave

David McRitchie offers a great deal of info on Slow Response and
Memory Problems.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.