-   -   Pivot tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/277306-pivot-tables.html)

Barry

Pivot tables

Hi

I'm using a pivot table with quite a large amount of
data. When I try and add a 5 field it tells me that I
can't add any more and must remove one of the existing
ones before I can add a new one. I checked the specs and
pivot tables only seem to be constrained by memory. I
checked the memory usage through Task manager and it
doesn't seem very high?

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Barry

Barry

Pivot tables

Thanks Tom

Spot on as ever!!

I've never used Knowledge base for Excel problems. Do you
find it a useful source?

Thanks again

XL97: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 97

(Q157486)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211517
XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000

(Q211517)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291061
XL2002: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2002

(Q291061)

Tom Ogilvy

.